So I'm a newbie at this blogging thing. I'm also astounded at how absolutely perfect other "mommy" or "lifestyle" bloggers lives seem to be.
I did a Google search for Top Mommy Blogs and searched some of the results that popped up.
My first thought was: HOLY COW, WHO ARE THESE WOMEN??
They are running like 3 companies, while holding down a full time job, having 6 children, and maintain 4 blogs. And every single one of those blogs seem to have professionally taken photos. Seriously?
WHERE DO THEY GET THE TIME AND MONEY FOR EVERYTHING THEY DO????
I wonder, is my blog coming off that way too?
Because let me assure you, my life is about as perfect as yours is. I'll admit, I do have a wonderful job, married to an awesome man, and my kids are cute as can be.
But my days all run together with having to laugh at workmates jokes, find things to talk about in silent situations with people I barely know, trying not to use curse words at work or home, dealing with children that have no idea how to talk in a normal tone and who basically make it their mission to pee or poop on me, making sure whatever I attempt to cook for dinner is edible and trying to find time to do anything other than lay on the bed in the fetal position praying that I will have the energy to do a load of laundry because I am out of underwear.
I surf through blog world and there's all these people that seem to have the following skills and attributes (AND I MEAN ALL OF THEM!):
1) Professional photographer (Am I the only blogger using point and shoot camera?)
2) Professional chef (And I get to look at all their pretty pictures of their food.)
3) Interior Designer (With the most stunning magazine-like home ever.)
4) The sweetest, most kindest person in the world with xoxo's and smiley faces after ever post (Blah, get grumpy every once in a while.)
5) DIYers (Everyone seems to be a Do It Yourself-er in blogger land.)
6) Some mutated version of super mom or super dad with the most awesome well-behaved kids ever (The pictures...again.)
7) Professional Seamstress (Don't even get me started on the "well I just whipped this dress together in about 5 minutes" people.)
8) Expert Gardener (How can you name all the names of the plants by their common and scientific name and I don't even know what kind of plant it is?)
I feel as though there is A LOT of fantasy being portrayed in some of these blogs.
Well, let me tell you how my day goes. I leave my house by 7 am and don't get home until 6 pm. I have to feed my monsters, bathe them, and work hard as hell to get them in bed by 8:30 pm. No. Easy. Feat. Then I attempt to do something for myself from about 9 pm until I just can't take it anymore which is usually around 10:30 pm. Then I wake up at 6:30 am to do it all over again Monday through Friday. The weekends are usually filled with projects that seem to be accomplished in blogging world in a matter of hours but, IN REAL LIFE, it takes about a month of weekends. That doesn't even count the one weekend a month I have to give up for my military reserve duty or the traveling I have to do for work (which is about one week a month for 7 months a year).
I started the blog to document our adventures in trying to live a self-sufficient life and since I have absolutely no idea with how to go about this, I thought it would be nice if others could benefit from my experience. I do hope my writing comes across as real and truthful because I've got a pretty sweet life but it is by no means perfect. It's full of stress, poop, screaming, family, laughter, passion, craziness, and its passing by all too quickly.
If you are ready for real, read my blog. If not, Google search Top Mommy Blogs and find one that suits you a little better.
If you feel the same way I do, lemme know.